Fall has…fallen! We’ve only so much time in this precious window between I-can’t-go-out-without-melting and I-can’t-go-out-without-my-face-hurting, so you and your pup gotta make the most of it. And whether it’s pugkin spice or bark to school that gets your bud’s tail wagging, there’s something for everydoggy this fall in Chi.
- Pick out your pawfect pumpkin together at a dog-friendly patch.
- Make some memories and plan a fall getaway together.
- For just 2 hours per year, your dog can go to the Botanic Garden! Do not miss Spooky Pooch Parade on October 13.
- Chilly day? Share some cold ones at one of the dog-friendly breweries that welcome dogs inside.
- Hit the trails at Morton Arboretum on November 2 for the final dog admission day of the year! Get there early–this event gets packed!
- Hit up one of our favorite dog-friendly farmers markets while you still can for fresh fall produce and blooms.
- Get toasty together over margs and tacos at our favorite dog-friendly taco joints.
- It’s gala season! Dress up with your pup and head to formal fundraisers for Alive Rescue (November 11), PAWS (November 15), and One Tail at a Time (November 22).
- Take the edge off with a little hair of the dog and share some delicious brunchos.
- Face it: your dog is bougie. Take her on a staycation at one of our favorite hotels.
- Warm up with a tasty coffee at one of our most-loved dog-friendly coffee shops.
- Ah, heck–warm up with a cider at ERIS, a dog-friendly brewery and cider house, or The Northman, Chicago’s first cider bar.
What else is on your fall bucket list? Give us a howl in the comments and be sure to tag #sidewalkdog in all your autumnal adventures.
(Photo by Tim Golder)
Sidewalk Dog’s mission is to help dog parents spend more time with their puppers by discovering and sharing activities they can do and places they can go—together! Sniff out our award-winning newsletter and Instagram, and join our Dog-Friendly Chicago Facebook Group.