Picking a daycare and boarding facility can be stressful: Will your dog be safe? Loved? And have fun, too? We’re here to help with a series highlighting the pup-lovingest daycares and boarding facilities in the Twin Cities and beyond.
Stone Mountain Pet Lodge
When it comes to boarding and doggy daycare for your pup, nothing beats expertise, comfort, and convenience. You’re in luck: Stone Mountain Pet Lodge‘s three locations have all of the above and more.
Give the doggies what they (and you) want
One feature that sets apart Stone Mountain in the daycare and boarding biz is its highly educated and trained management and staff. “We place a strong emphasis on hiring employees with vet-tech and animal-science degrees and backgrounds,” says Stone Mountain owner, Maggie Larson. “Our dedicated, full-time staff have made Stone Mountain Pet Lodge and animal care their career.” In addition, she explains, “We place a strong emphasis on partnering with community veterinarians and vet clinics and work closely with owners’ personal vets should any medical/health issues arise while an animal is in our care.” This means they are willing and able to care for pets with special needs, providing peace of mind for the humans who drop ’em off.
Their daycare setup is just as impressive. “We have gone to great lengths to get the details right: generous air circulation, easily cleaned surfaces, state of the art equipment,” Maggie says. This includes innovative doggy daycare play equipment, made in-house by Stone Mountain Pet Products. “It’s called Fun-gility Furniture; it’s modeled after agility equipment and adapted to the daycare setting,” she explains. “Dogs and staff love it!”
And if your introverted pup isn’t up for the full daycare experience during their stay, Stone Mountain’s lodging add-ons also include one-on-one play sessions, cuddle time, and even nature walks. (Editor’s note: For a dog like my Brody, finding a spot with one-on-one trail time is beyond cool!)
To top it all off, their full-service facilities also offer a huge array of training classes (like their Dog About Town class, which can teach your pup manners to help them in the public, dog-friendly scene), and well-stocked retail stores with pet food and toys.
They also offer all-season fun that’s open to the public: June through September 30th, their Baltimore St. location has a huge indoor/outdoor pet playground; in the winter months, two locations have an indoor dog park.
The Hooman Perspective
The reviews are in: As Nicole P. put it, “My dog has been coming to Stone Mountain twice a week for over a year. It gets him socialized and good exercise. [The staff] gets to know each dog as an individual and are willing to work around his individual needs or quirks. I love taking him here.”
Another reviewer, Karen W., raved, “Best place on the planet for doggy daycare! Everybody loves their job, so all of the animals are cared for and treated extra specially. We board our Old English here and [she comes home clean]. Groomers are kind and patient. Happy to see the new location open; we will be regulars at both places!”
The Quick Sniff
- Contact info: Stone Mountain Pet Lodge, 763-792-8929 (Radisson Rd, Blaine); 763-600-6019 (Baltimore St, Blaine); 763-493-2003 (Brooklyn Park), email
- Locations: 9935 Radisson Rd NW, Blaine (map); 10073 Baltimore St NE, Blaine (map); 9975 Xenia Ave N, Brooklyn Park (map)
- Hours: M-Th 6am-9pm; F 6am-7pm; Sa-Su 8am-6pm
- Starting rate (daycare): $32
- Starting rate (boarding): $33
- Advanced reservations required: Yes
- Breed restrictions: No
- Spay/neuter required: Yes
- Orientation day required: Yes
- Boarding available for pets other than dogs: Yes (cats, birds, gerbils, hamsters, and other pocket pets)
- Amenities: Air conditioning, dog beds in suites, dogs can bring toys and comfort objects from home, foster dogs accepted, half-day pricing, luxury suites, music played in suites, one-on-one play sessions and cuddle time, indoor and outdoor play areas, online scheduling, report cards, separate play areas for dogs of different sizes and temperaments, webcams
- Services: Bathing, grooming, self-wash stations, training classes, transportation
- Nonprofit ruv: Stone Mountain Pet Lodge works with several local rescues to provide discounted short- term, urgent boarding and grooming services for dogs waiting for foster care.
Your dog will be gearing up for fun when you sign her up for a spot at Stone Mountain Pet Lodge. (Don’t forget to tell ’em Sidewalk Dog sent you!)
This spotlight was sponsored by the team at Stone Mountain Pet Lodge, who can’t wait to shower your fur baby with loving care.