Dog training classes serve noble purposes in your dog’s life: they can help wilder pups learn about boundaries, give reactive dogs the confidence they need to spend time out in the world, and set a firm foundation for the development of discipline in puppies. The classes can be seen as necessary to set dogs up for success, and these courses take things even further: they’ll make things fun for you, too.
We asked for class recommendations on our pup-lovin’ Dog-Friendly Twin Cities Facebook page, and these are some of the top picks:
- I’m So Excited: Impulse Control Is your dog extra-exuberant? This class will help you with accountability and follow-through with your pup.
- Your Dog and New Baby Group Class (Preparing for Baby!) Get your pup prepared for the baby while you’re still expecting! You’ll get weekly action steps to help you and your furry friend through the whole process.
- Adventure Dog Classes These classes will bring you and your dog on adventures around the Twin Cities to build real-world confidence!
- Happy Feet This class will make nail trimming easier for you, your vet, AND your pup by teaching strategies to make Fido a little more comfortable and cooperative with the whole process.
- Canine Neurobics This is an extra-unique one. This class will expose your pup to a variety of sensory experiences (we’re talkin’ tactile, visual, olfactory…you get the idea) and memory challenges!
- Patio Skills This class will prepare your pup to enjoy any and all of the state’s great dog-friendly patios!
- Swimming and Dock-Diving Lessons. Just in time to show off your BFF’s beach bod, this spot in the Mankato area offers swimming and dock-jumping lessons! (They also have a weekly swim party known as Surf n’ Turf — steak and lobster tails not included, but you will have a pawful lot of fun.)