Love it or loathe it, winter with dogs in Minnesota is a fact o’ life for us dog parents. We’re here to help make this season as Minnesota Nice as possible for pets and their peeps with a flurry of tips on cold-weather safety, entertainment, and more:
- Protect your pup with our tips for winter safety.
- When it’s not just chilly but “OMD-why-do-we-live-here” cold, follow this rule of thumb: If it’s too cold for you, it’s too cold for your dog.
- If your cooped-up pooch has a major case of the stir-crazies, we’ve got the cure: 37 ways to make winter fly by. Or how ’bout some skijoring? And don’t miss one of our most pup-ular posts of all time: THE guide to MN’s indoor, off-leash exercise areas. (Indoor dog parks DO exist! Sniff out Unleashed Hounds and Hops.)
- Get out and socialize at these indoor, off-leash meetup groups.
- If you can’t — or don’t wanna — leave the house (Editor’s note: you can’t make me), make the most of your indoor snuggles by digging into a book. Or entertain yourself and your Instagram followers by dressing up those doggos in their winter finest.
What’s your favorite way to enjoy (or hide from) winter? Tell us in the comments.
Sidewalk Dog’s mission is to help dog parents spend more time with their puppers by discovering and sharing activities they can do and places they can go—together! Sniff out our award-winning newsletter and Instagram, then join our Dog-Friendly Twin Cities Facebook Group.
More reads you’ll ruv: