Yip, yip, hooray: Sidewalk Dog Media is hiring an intern! We’re seeking an energetic Jack or Jill of all trades to help with a variety of content doo-ties from research and writing to social media and more.
Gain valuable real-world experience across a range of tasks and technologies, all while supporting this pawesome community of dog lovers, pup-loving brands, and local nonprofits.
Did we mention you’ll get to run with one of the coolest packs in the biz?
What: Part-Time Content Intern (15 hours per week, in-office/remote combination)
Who: Sidewalk Dog Media
Where: Edina, Minnesota
When: October 2019 through April 2020, with possibility for extension
Who we are: As the #1 resource for dog lovers in Chicago, Denver, the Twin Cities, and Seattle, Sidewalk Dog Media promotes thriving relationships between dogs, their people, and the community we share. We facilitate dog-friendly life, advocate for homeless pups, and connect pet-loving brands with dog parents.
Who you are: A sharp-witted, resourceful, self-motivated team player with a love of dogs and an I-Can-Do-This attitude. You’re a strong writer with an eye for detail, and you embrace rather than fear the editor’s red pen. You’re cool as a cucumber when working under deadlines, and you’re excited by collaboration and joyful storytelling. You’re nimble, positive, and insanely organized. Of course you are: you’re the Content Intern.
What you’ll do:
- Add dog-friendly businesses to our directory
- Update existing dog-friendly business listings with new templates
- Add dog-friendly events to our calendar
- Assist content manager with writing articles, promotional posts on social media, newsletter sections, etc.
- Find funny-as-pup dog memes
- Engage with dog accounts on Instagram in our markets
- Engage in our dog-friendly Facebook groups
- Share new articles on FB, FB groups, and Twitter
- Potential for writing articles
- Like IG posts tagged #sidewalkdog and suggest IG photos to share on Sidewalk Dog’s Instagram feed
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Must live in or near the Twin Cities
- 4-year degree (can be in progress)
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Ability to capture SidewalkDog.com’s signature tone—fresh and fun with the perfect amount of sass and irreverence
- Familiar with/able to learn WordPress and photo editing software
Compensation: This is an unpaid internship, but Sidewalk Dog Media will work with your university to provide academic credit if/where appropriate (and hook you up with a sa-weet Sidewalk Dog T-shirt or hoodie, your choice).
Interested candidates: Interested candidates should send a resume and two brief writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, October 11, 2019. Qualified candidates will be required to complete a short writing assignment before beginning the interview process.
(Photo by KME Photography)