Picking a daycare and boarding facility can be stressful: Will your dog be safe? Loved? And have fun, too? We’re here to help with a series highlighting the pup-lovingest daycares and boarding facilities in the Twin Cities and beyond.
Wagging Tails Pet Resort
At Wagging Tails Pet Resort, happy dogs can come to play at one of two furbulous locations (the OG in Eagan and the newbie in Bloomington). A whopping 20,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor play space means plenty of room to romp and run or simply sniff and survey the action. Thanks to caring assessments, all canine guests play with new friends who share similar styles. Oh, and raise a paw if your pooch digs attention. Human Play Coaches are there to deliver the goods every day, all day long.
Give the Doggies What They (and You) Want
From all-day play with canine buddies to luxuriously appointed sleeping spots to a full-service spa (currently only at the Eagan location) that’ll keep your pal looking and feeling his best, Wagging Tails offers equals parts fun-n-games and R-n-R.
Want more? How about a top-notch and ultra-dedicated staff — several employees are going through vet school and most have many years of experience working with dogs. A bright and spacious facility, cleaned multiple times a day. Webcams so customers can watch their dogs play during the day or see ’em snoozing in their luxury suites at night. An Obedience Academy for in-house training and socialization training for dogs. A birthday club that includes a free day of play on their special day as well as a birthday paw-ty, goodie bag, and photo. And did we mention the “all-day-play” motto?
We wagged right back with howliday joy when we found out Wagging Tails supports the Animal Humane Society every December with a Giving Tree. They also put on Paws for a Cause in October to benefit the National Canine Cancer Foundation, and they host events for Underdog Rescue (like an upcoming adoption event in January) and MN SNAP.
The Hooman Perspective
The reviews are in: “Thanks for taking such good care of my little Gwen. She was so excited when we turned on Sun Drive this morning and I have been laughing so hard today each time I have a minute to check in and see her on the live feed. I love being able to drop her off knowing she is in good hands. THANK YOU! :)” says happy hooman Paula.
And Baran cracked us up with this comment: “Our three dogs love going to Wagging Tails Pet Resort, whether it’s for boarding or for a half day of daycare. It’s gotten so bad at home we have to spell out Wagging Tails or else our dogs think they’re going right now!”
The Quick Sniff
- Contact info: Wagging Tails Pet Resort, 651-483-DOGS (3647), email
- Location: 3275 Sun Drive, Eagan (map) and 9730 Irving Ave S, Bloomington (map)
- Hours: M-F 6:30am-6:30pm; Sa-Su 9am-5pm
- Starting rate (daycare): $14 with package purchase
- Starting rate (boarding): $40/night
- Advanced daycare reservations required: No
- Breed/size restrictions: No
- Spay/neuter required for daycare: Yes
- Test day required for daycare: Yes
- Boarding available for pets other than dogs: No
- Amenities: All day group-play environment, temperature controlled facility (heat and air conditioning), luxury kennels, dogs can bring toys and comfort objects from home, half-day, full-day, and package pricing, indoor and outdoor play areas, K9 Grass, open 365 days a year (playdays and overnights), outdoor access that dogs can access when they wish, music played in kennels, online & phone-app scheduling, report cards, separate play areas for dogs of different sizes and temperaments, high-speed webcams, webcam phone app
- Services: Bathing, behavioral consultations, grooming, training, outdoor walks
- Nonprofit ruv: Wagging Tails supports Animal Humane Society, MN SNAP, and Underdog Rescue
If your pup is into the play-all-day vibe, try Wagging Tails as their turf away from home. (Don’t forget to tell ’em Sidewalk Dog sent you!)
This spotlight was sponsored by the team at Wagging Tails Pet Resort, who can’t wait to, yup, play all day with your pups. Current and former customers are encouraged to submit reviews via their Sidewalk Dog directory listing. (Know or own a daycare or boarding biz we should feature? Doo tell!)