Picking a daycare and boarding facility can be stressful: Will your dog be safe? Loved? And have fun, too? We’re here to help with a series highlighting the pup-lovingest daycares and boarding facilities in the Twin Cities and beyond.
Camp Bow Wow Burnsville
Woof if your dog deserves more: More playtime, more individual attention, more staff TLC. All situated in an convenient locale near 35W/35E in the South Metro. You’re in luck: Camp Bow Wow Burnsville awaits!
Give the doggies what they (and you) want
Camp Bow Wow is all about happy, healthy dogs — and pleased people. Campers (AKA four-legged clients) enjoy a fun environment including three separate indoor/outdoor play yards. Camp Bow Wow’s unique all-inclusive pricing structure means that extra playtime, attention, special feeding, or administering medications won’t cost an extra dime. The all-inclusive pricing also lets boarders get in on the daycare fun — up to eight hours per weekday at no additional charge.
And when all that play makes ’em sleepy, they’re tucked into their own cabin at night, complete with a campfire treat before bedtime.
It’s super safe, too: The Camp Counselors® — er, staff — undergo best-practices training, gleaned from the 130+ Camp Bow Wows around the country. “We treat each pet as if they were our own and you can tell we love them all!” says Camp Manager Josh.
Love spending your bucks with a community-minded biz? Us too. Camp Bow Wow is big into helping local rescues, which they support via foster dog socialization programs, fundraising efforts, and donations. Case in point: their upcoming Photos with Santa event on December 10, a fundraiser and adoption day for Red Lake Rosie’s Rescue and Spot’s Last Stop Canine Rescue. (Dogs who meet their new adoptive families that day will get three FREE days of daycare!)
The Hooman Perspective
The reviews are in: Elizabeth S. raves, “My Xena loves Camp Bow Wow! Every morning I get ready for work and she is ready to go. I can tell she loves the staff as she wiggles her butt and jumps up to greet them. I love that she can get a bath and nail trim while there. I recommend it to anyone else looking for daycare or boarding. Thank you for taking such great care of my fur baby!”
Another reviewer, Trish C., says, “The people were great to deal with and my dogs enjoyed themselves. Being able to see them on the web was cool! The employees were great at dealing with my ‘difficult’ hound who sometimes isn’t keen about other dogs. They made sure she was in with a group of dogs that she liked. They kept my two dogs together to make sure they both felt comfortable being away from us for so long. The employees care about the dogs and know they are family to us. We hate to leave them behind but it’s nice to know they’re well taken care of when they can’t join us on trips.”
- Contact info: Camp Bow Wow, 952-828-WOOF (9663), email
- Location: 14305 Ewing Ave S, Burnsville (map)
- Hours: M-F 6:30am-7pm; Sa 7:30am-7pm; Su & holidays 8am-11am & 4pm-7pm (soon opening all day on Sundays)
- Starting rate (daycare): $30; discounts for packages & multiple pets; police, fire, & military discounts
- Starting rate (boarding): $42/night; discounts for packages, longer stays, & multiple pets; police, fire, & military discounts
- Advanced daycare reservations required: No
- Breed/size restrictions: No
- Spay/neuter required for daycare: Yes (for dogs > 6 months)
- Test day required for daycare: Dogs must pass an interview in order to stay and play. The interview includes an optional full day of free daycare.
- Boarding available for pets other than dogs: No
- Amenities: All-inclusive pricing, all day group-play environment, temperature controlled facility (heat and air conditioning), comfy cots & fleece blankets in kennels, dogs can bring toys and comfort objects from home, half-day and hourly pricing, indoor and outdoor play areas, open 365 days a year, outdoor access that dogs can access when they wish, music played in kennels, online & phone-app scheduling, report cards, separate play areas for dogs of different sizes and temperaments, high-speed webcams, webcam phone app
- Services: Bathing, behavioral consultations, grooming, self-service wash stations, training
- Nonprofit ruv: Camp Bow Wow Burnsville has supported Last Hope, Homeward Bound, Spot’s Last Stop, Wags & Whiskers, MARS, Guardian Angel for Soldier’s Pets, and more. The owners also founded the Baja 34 Rescue Project to help the animals of rural Mexico.
Your dog will be gearing up for fun when you sign her up at Camp Bow Wow. (Don’t forget to tell ’em Sidewalk Dog sent you!)
This spotlight was sponsored by the team at Camp Bow Wow Burnsville, who can’t wait to love up on your four-legged campers. Current and former customers are encouraged to submit reviews via their Sidewalk Dog directory listing. (Know or own a daycare or boarding biz we should feature? Doo tell!)