Picking a daycare and boarding facility can be stressful: Will your dog be safe? Loved? And have fun, too? We’re here to help with a series highlighting the pup-lovingest daycares and boarding facilities in the Twin Cities and beyond.
Ruffin’ Inn Pet Lodge
Looking for a place that will care for your pets like family? Look no further than Ruffin’ Inn in Buffalo. It’s family owned and operated, and located in a gorgeous natural setting.
Give the doggies what they (and you) want
Think of it like a nature retreat. This isn’t your average playtime promise: Ruffin’ Inn boasts plenty of trails for walking and large outdoor areas for group play. Head indoors to find snazzy new floors that make for a comfy romping surface. Play spaces are divided to accommodate dogs of different sizes and temperaments. And if your furry friend is more of an introvert, that’s totally cool too: These guests will be pampered with one-on-one activity and cuddling time.
For boarders, Ruffin’ Inn is a safe, secure, home away from home. Overnighters get their own six-by-ten suites, with some pretty cozy Kuranda beds for comfort. Luxury spaces are available, and there’s even an option to have music played in suites. Does your pooch have a favorite toy? Feel free to bring it along.
Another reason to feel good about your stay: In addition to offering discounted rates for foster dogs, Ruffin’ Inn regularly supports Pause 4 Paws, Home for Life, and various Doberman rescues across the US.
Bonus: Titan, the resident Doberman, moonlights as a certified therapy dog and makes sure all newbies feel welcome.
The hooman perspective
Randal O. said it best in his review: “This is a very nice place and is very, very clean. They are super good with the dogs. I had my dog groomed twice there; Marilyn is one of the best groomers I have ever used in Buffalo. My dog is not scared go to this place — she actually loves going there, they spend a lot of time and attention with her while she’s there. I highly recommend this place!”
Another reviewer, Heather M., put it: “The owners and the staff there truly care about animals. They are playful, genuine, and loving towards my puppy every time I bring her. I love how they post pictures and videos of her while she stays, and are willing to give you updates as frequently as you need. This is the best boarding facility I have experienced and have done quite a lot of research. I highly recommend Ruffin Inn. You will be at ease leaving your furry baby here as you know they will be well taken care of.”
The Quick Sniff
- Contact info: Ruffin Inn, 763-682-4247, email
- Location: 2667 Dague Ave NE, Buffalo (map)
- Hours: 8am-6pm daily
- Starting rate (daycare): $20; discounts for foster dogs
- Starting rate (boarding): $29; discounts for multiple dogs
- Advanced daycare reservations required: Yes
- Breed/size restrictions: No
- Spay/neuter required for daycare: No (but no females in heat, please)
- Test day required for daycare: Yes
- Boarding available for pets other than dogs: Yes (cats)
- Amenities: Air conditioning, dog beds in suites, dogs can bring toys and/or comfort objects from home, foster dogs accepted, indoor and outdoor play areas, luxury suites, music played in suites, one-on-one cuddle- and play time, retail area with dog supplies, separate play areas for dogs of different sizes and temperaments
- Services: Bathing, grooming
- Nonprofit ruv: Ruffin’ Inn supports Pause 4 Paws, Home for Life, and various Doberman rescues across the US.
Rover will be rarin’ to go when he hears you signed him up for a spot at Ruffin’ Inn. Don’t forget to tell ’em Sidewalk Dog sent you!
This spotlight was sponsored by the team at Ruffin Inn, who are eager to make your pup feel at home. Current and former customers are encouraged to submit reviews via their Sidewalk Dog directory listing. (Know or own a daycare or boarding biz we should feature? Doo tell!)