Here in Minneapolis, we’re thrilled to be welcoming packs of sports lovers into town for Super Bowl week. And if you’re bringing your pup with you, even better — because there’s no greater way to enjoy the City of (frozen) Lakes than with your dog by your side.
[Woof to the wise: If you plan to visit these spots on Super Bowl Sunday itself, we recommend calling ahead to make sure they’re open!]
Here are a few of our fave picks for enjoying the great indoors of Minneapolis and St Paul with your pooch:
- Fair State Co-Op, Minneapolis (map). Their goal is to put the natural connection between brewer and community to work to create something that truly belongs to us all. Water dishes available for thirsty pups.
- HeadFlyer Brewing, Minneapolis (map). Beer’s cold. Life is good! HeadFlyer offers water dishes and free treats for your fur baby.
- Lakes & Legends, Minneapolis (map). Here you’ll find high-quality, farm-to-table beer that will raise the expectations and expand the possibilities of what you can get from a beer. Their large taproom has plenty of room for pups to spread out.
- Sisyphus Brewing, Minneapolis (map). Not only are their craft beer offerings out of this world, but customers also rave about the dog-loving staff at Sisyphus.
- Sociable Cider Werks, Minneapolis (map). If beer’s not your fave, the hard ciders at Sociable are well carbonated, dry, and always made from real apples. Their love for dogs is real, too.
- Flat Earth Brewing Company, St Paul (map). As one of the Twin Cities’ favorite micro-breweries, Flat Earth is on a mission to provide the finest craft beers worth talking about. They provide their four-legged visitors with treats, and you may even be greeted by their own two friendly taproom dogs.
[Editor’s note: While you’re here, you can get a FREE drink at these and four other furbulously dog-friendly taprooms with our Indoor Brewery Pass.]
- In the Loop Coffee Co., Minneapolis (map). In The Loop’s mission is to provide their guests with a choice variety of organic coffees, teas, smoothies, sweet and savory pastries, soups, sandwiches, and breakfast items. They also have organic doggy treats on the counter and water bowls ready for your pup.
- Claddagh Coffee, St Paul (map). This unique neighborhood coffee house serves specialty coffee and food alongside their serious love for pups.
- Chuck & Don’s, multiple locations (map). First thing’s first — pick up a coat and some booties for your four-legged tourism buddy at this local pet store known for high-quality goods and a unique shopping experience.
- I Like You, Minneapolis (map) and St Paul (map). This independently owned gift shop is a haven for local makers and creative shoppers alike. Visit this special shop and bring a piece of Minnesota home with you.
- Bibelot, multiple locations in Minneapolis and St Paul (map). Overflowing with unique gifts, fabulous jewelry, beautiful paper goods, and loads of locally sourced wares, Bibelot is a one-stop-shop for both the thoughtful gift giver and the selfish (er, self-care) shopper alike.
- D.NOLO, Minneapolis (map). All natural light and brick, this gorgeous industrial space is filled with stylish luxury basics and specialty pieces from several cutting-edge local retailers. D.NOLO (which stands for Destination North Loop, a nod to its great location in the historic Warehouse District) houses several retailers under its roof, each selling diverse yet complementary goods to its clientele.
And this is just the tip of the tundra. Here’s our full list of spots that welcome Spot indoors.
Want a taste of the outdoor scene while you’re in town? Locals rave about Minnehaha Off-Leash Park in Minneapolis, which boasts broad expanses for dogs to run, woodsy trails, and views of the Mississippi River. Here’s our full directory of local dog parks.
Like what you see here? GREAT news: We’ll soon be launching in Chicago, too!