Editor’s Note: H*ckin’ COVID has given us a new normal. Give your campground a call to confirm their most pup-to-date details and dog-friendly guidelines!
You made a smart move when you decided to make your dog your travel buddy since they won’t be asking you, “are we there yet?” every ten seconds. While they’re already a happy camper just to have been invited, having the right gear will make RVing with your dog even better. You’ve already got the coolest pup at the dog park, so read on about some products that’ll help Fido’s conquer the RV park!
1. A temperature and humidity monitor to make sure your pup’s staying cool when they’re getting a little alone time in the RV.
Get it on Amazon for $199.00.
2. Safety first! A first aid kit for any boo boos or scrapes your pup may get while on the road.
Get it on Amazon for $49.95.
3. A hands free leash. Your pup doesn’t have thumbs so they’d really appreciate it if you could hold their snackies for them, thanks!
Get it on Amazon for $16.99.
4. A collapsible, no-spill dog bowl to avoid any party fouls while the RV is in motion.
Get it on Amazon for $12.57.
5. A dog seatbelt. While “click it or ticket” may not apply to your pup, securing your pup while you’re driving keeps everyone safe.
Get it on Amazon for $12.95.
6. Paw Wax that’s good for all weather conditions to protect your dog’s toe beans from the elements.
Get it on Amazon for $15.00.
7. A portable showerhead that can attach to a 2L soda bottle in case your pup decides to unexpectedly give themselves a spaw day by taking a mud bath.
Get it on Amazon for $10.95.
8. An exercise pen to keep your dogs in and unexpected guests out of your site. And don’t forget the stakes or zip ties to really secure them. (Make sure your destination allows these to be set up!)
Get it on Amazon for $308.88.
9. A tie out cable so your pup can explore the great outdoors but not too much.
Get it on Amazon for $11.69.
10. Flea and tick medication to make sure your dog doesn’t bring any new roommates into the RV while you’re out exploring!
Get 6 doses on Amazon for $49.99.
11. Pet safe sunscreen because your dog takes sun safety seriously (and definitely does not want any pictures of her sunburned on the gram!)
Get it on Amazon for $14.60.
12. A rugged dog poop bag holder for when your #1 goes #2. Make sure you leave no trace by cleaning up after them and properly disposing their waste.
Get it on Amazon for $24.99.
What gadgets and accessories do you pack to go RVing with your dog? Woof at us in the comments and be sure to tag @sidewalkdog on Instagram in your travel adventures.
P.S. If you make a purchase via our Amazon links, Sidewalk Dog may earn a tiny affiliate commission. Supporting Sidewalk Dog supports the work we do for rescues and shelters. ♥
Sidewalk Dog’s mission is to help dog parents spend more time with their puppers by discovering and sharing activities they can do and places they can go—together! Sniff out our award-winning newsletter and Instagram, then enter our drool-worthy giveaways.
Featured photo: Cruise America