Picking a daycare and boarding facility can be stressful: Will your dog be safe? Loved? And have fun, too? We’re here to help with a series highlighting the pup-lovingest daycares and boarding facilities in the Twin Cities and beyond.
Behold Goldwood Kennels: Gorgeous countryside setting. Family-owned biz with over four decades of experience. Clean, comfy, and loads of fun for Fido.
Give the doggies what they (and you) want
The first thing you’ll notice about Goldwood Kennels is their stunningly beautiful acreage in picturesque, rural White Bear Lake. Your pup will enjoy romping the day away in Goldwood’s spacious play yards; unlike traditional doggy daycare settings, she’ll also be treated to one-on-one people and pet play time. “A focus on individualized care vs. large-group play allows our experienced staff to focus on the health and safety of every individual guest and get to know their unique personalities,” says Goldwood Kennels family co-owner Erin Hilton.
Goldwood offers a host of additional services to complement your pet’s boarding stay, including full-service grooming and specialty spa treatments, basic obedience training and reinforcement, and specialized care for all breeds and needs.
They also boast a Pet Air America division, a unique service to arrange domestic and international pet travel, such as during job relocations, military transfers, and family moves. (Editor’s note: My Brody wants to know whether they can arrange for him to receive a warm cookie on his next flight.)
“Perhaps what we are most proud of, other than our fantastic staff and family history, is our positive reputation throughout the local and veterinary community,” says Erin. “People put their complete trust in us to care for their beloved furry family members and we take that very seriously; it is indeed a labor of love!”
The Hooman Perspective: Goldwood Kennels Reviews
The reviews are in: Liz D. raves, “We boarded our pup here for the first time and could not be happier with how it went! The staff welcomed us with open arms and took appropriate steps throughout his stay to make him feel more comfortable and even in his short stay he made progress towards becoming more comfortable with them. I have nothing but the utmost faith that this staff will have him comfortable and excited to be boarded as we continue to board him there in the future. We can’t thank them enough for their patience and hard work! We will definitely be recommending them to anyone looking for a great boarding facility.”
Another reviewer, Mike T., says, “WOW! Is pretty much all I can say about this place. I used Goldwood for the first time to have my pup Mia get her nails clipped and bathed. They also gave her time to play outside. When I got her back she was happy as can be. Goldwood is clean and has awesome customer service. I will definitely be bringing my dog back here for more grooming and boarding. Thanks again, Goldwood Kennels!”
Happy faces abound at Goldwood.
The Quick Sniff
- Contact info: Goldwood Kennels, 651-429-0648, office@
- Location: 9500 Dellwood Road N, White Bear Lake (map)
- Hours: M-Sa 9am-6pm; Su 4pm-6pm
- Starting rate (daycare): $48
- Starting rate (boarding): $48
- Advanced reservations required: Yes
- Breed restrictions: No
- Spay/neuter required: No
- Test day required: No
- Boarding available for pets other than dogs: Yes, cats and some other small house pets; please inquire
- Amenities: Air conditioning, Kuranda dog beds in kennels, favorite toys and comfort objects from home welcome, foster/rescue/special needs pets accepted, luxury kennels, satellite music, one-on-one play sessions, outdoor play area, online scheduling, report cards, specialized, individual care and accommodations
- Services: Bathing, professional grooming, training reinforcement, pick up and delivery service, pet transportation
- Nonprofit ruv: Goldwood Kennels is a proud supporter of many local organizations including Can Do Canines, Helping Paws, Minnesota Veterinary Medical Foundation, Retrieve a Golden of MN, Ruff Start Rescue, Second Chance Animal Rescue, Underdog Rescue, Wags & Whiskers, Como Zoo, and more.
Your dog will be wagging up a storm when he hears you scored him a spot at Goldwood Kennels. (Don’t forget to tell ’em Sidewalk Dog sent you!)
This spotlight was sponsored by the team at Goldwood Kennels, who can’t wait to treat your four-legged friends like family. Current and former customers are encouraged to submit reviews via their Sidewalk Dog directory listing. (Know or own a daycare or boarding biz we should feature? Doo tell!)