- This event has passed.
Parks & Pints – Sloans Lake Park
September 14 @ 9:30 am - 1:00 pm$10
We’ll work the team from Denver Parks and Recreation to volunteer at Sloans Lake Park. We’ll spend the morning mulching trees and helping to clean up trash and debris from this beautiful gem of a park. Afterwards, we’ll hop across the street to Joyride Brewing for a drink and some lunch on the rooftop.
It’s a great way to get some exercise, do good for the local community, and meet like-minded people all at the same time. Smiles are guaranteed!
Here is everything you need to know to take part in our upcoming service project:
- First, We Serve: We’ll start the day volunteering from 9:30am-12:00pm. Come ready to work, and we’ll take care of the rest to ensure a meaningful project, with plenty of fun mixed in.
- Then, We Socialize: Once we’ve completed the project, we’ll head to Joyride Brewing across the street from the park for lunch, cold drinks and quality time to get to know your fellow volunteers.
Tickets are only $10 and include:
- Snacks, coffee and all supplies for the volunteer project in the morning
- One drink ticket at the brewery
- A chance to meet a great group of like-minded young professionals in the city
Here’s how it works:
- Reserve your spot for the event
- Commit to showing up at the scheduled time (plan ahead the night before…)
- Join us at Joyride Brewing immediately following the project for food and drinks
- Tell your friends to join in, or come alone and meet new people. Either way, you’ll have a blast!
- Stay tuned for information we will send in an email a few days before the event
Unable to attend our but interested in learning about future events? Sign up for our newsletter to receive updates on what’s next! http://bit.ly/2NesqUA
Note: We charge $10 because spots are limited, and it’s important to us that all registered volunteers show up to serve the nonprofit. Additionally, we put this money towards food at the after-service social to cover costs and pass the value along to you. We never want the cost to prevent you from volunteering with Community Bucket. If it is, please email Jesse at email@example.com and we can work with you!