- This event has passed.
Doga with Dog Love Repeat (yoga with your pup!)
April 14, 2019 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 7:00 pm on Sunday, repeating until April 28, 2019
Join in for doga – yoga with your pup! (and we know they’ve got downward facing dog perfected!)
Kristin Trudeau is founder of online dog boutique, Dog Love Repeat, and a certified yoga instructor. She combines her love for dogs and yoga by teaching doga classes in the Twin Cities, MN.
In Kristin’s one-hour doga class, mats are arranged to give dogs their space. Dogs can be on or off leash – this is up to the discretion of the parent. The first 10-15 minutes Kristin teaches some dog massage techniques to try on your pup. This really allows for you and your dog to settle into the space; creating a calm, relaxed atmosphere. If you’re calm, your dog will follow suit! The next 30 minutes contains yoga postures and sequences that allow for connecting and bonding with your dog, no matter what their size. The final 15 minutes is spent relaxing in savasana with your dog.
Know before you go:
- No prior yoga experience necessary!
- Bring a mat, water bottle, and an open mind! (treats might be helpful also!)
- One dog per person, please (friends and family members are welcome to attend without a dog if they wish).
- Dogs should be spayed/neutered and current with their rabies vaccination.
- Dogs shouldn’t be forced into participating. If they’re not into it, get up and stroll around, take a break and/or move to a different location in the room.
- Just like humans, dogs need practice – with each exposure they’ll know better what to expect and become more comfortable. Don’t expect perfection right out of the gate.
- Accidents happen. No biggie. Cleaning supplies are available in the room.