Shades on, tails up: after our housebound spring, you and your woofer deserve all the warm-weather adventures you can handle. Here are some safe pro-pooch outings to make your summer in the Cities mother-fluffin’ rad.
- Try biking with your dog. Here are 5 ways to do it.
- Chillax on a dog-friendly patio, but only if you’ll play by the rules in our Good Dog’s Guide to Patio Etiquette During COVID-19.
- Visit a dog-friendly brewery. (Psst: We’ve got a Dog-Friendly Brewery Pass fur that!)
- Go mutts sniffin’ butts at the dog parks and explore all they have to offer, like dedicated small-dog areas, night lights, and swimming. Here’s our ultimate guide and 12 tips for a grrreat time.
- Run or walk a socially distanced 5K9.
- And then go get ice cream together to celebrate your world-class athleticism. Or make your own tail-wagging treats: just freeze chicken broth in popsicle molds.
- Venture out on a hike. Here are 10 Minnesota trails we heckin’ ruv. And here are 11 tips fur a safe ‘n happy ex-paw-rience.
- Try Stand-up Paddle Boarding (SUP) with your pup.
- Sniff out the freshest produce at a dog-friendly farmers market.
- Go camping at a dog-friendly state park.
- Take a road trip Pup North.
Got any more ideas to add to our dog-friendly Twin Cities bucket list for a pandemic summer? What are you and your dog most excited about? Woof at us in the comments, and be sure to tag #SidewalkDog in all your adventures so we can ruv ‘em.
(Photo by Spencer Gurley on Pexels)
Sidewalk Dog’s mission is to help dog parents spend more time with their puppers by discovering and sharing activities they can do and places they can go—together! Sniff out our award-winning newsletter and Instagram, then join our Dog-Friendly Twin Cities Facebook Group.
More reads you’ll ruv: