Every good dog will agree: Summer is Seattle’s best friend. The weather is heckin’ beautiful, and your pupper is itchin’ for some time by your side to bask in these precious few weeks of sun. If your normal routine is a snore, wag your tail for these 11 pawsome ways to make it a belly-rubbing summer.
- This is Seattle, where coffee is a year-round, all-day drink. Lucky for pup, that means plenty of dog-friendly coffee shops.
- Get your blood flowing and paws moving on a hike, though not before freshening up on good doggo hike etiquette.
- Take pooch for a bike ride. Here are 5 ways to do it.
- Stroll through the Washington Park Arboretum.
- Got a water mutt? Rent a dog-friendly paddleboard, kayak, or canoe at Green Lake.
- Paw-ruse stalls of mouth-watering goodness at a dog-friendly farmers market.
- If you ruv apps and drinks in the fresh summer air, bring pup to a patio (of course, doggo should be up on our Good Dog’s Guide to Patio Etiquette.)
- Road trip to Olympic National Park.
- Have a pint with friends and their canine companions at a dog-friendly brewery.
- Run or walk a 5K9.
- Go puppin’ crazy at one of Seattle’s many dog parks and discover all they have to offer, like designated small-dog areas and swimming.
More reads you’ll ruv: