Shades on, tails up: after our housebound spring, you and your woofer deserve all the warm-weather adventures you can handle. Here are some safe pro-pooch outings to make your Chicago summer mother-fluffin’ rad.
- Try biking with your dog. Here are 5 ways to do it.
- Chillax on a dog-friendly patio, but only if you’ll play by the rules in our Good Dog’s Guide to Patio Etiquette During COVID-19.
- Visit a dog-friendly brewery.
- Go mutts sniffin’ butts at the dog parks and explore all they have to offer. Here are our 12 tips for a grrreat time.
- Run or walk a socially distanced 5K9.
- Venture out on a hike on a dog-friendly trail. And here are 11 tips fur a safe ‘n happy ex-paw-rience.
- Surf’s pup! Rent a dog-friendly paddleboard, kayak, or canoe at Green Lake.
- Really ruv the water? Learn to swim, hit the beach, and more.
- Sniff out the freshest produce at a dog-friendly farmers market.
- Get ice cream or grab a beer at a Black-owned dog-friendly Seattle business.
- Road trip to Olympic National Park. Here’s how.
Got any more ideas to add to our dog-friendly Seattle bucket list for a pandemic summer? What are you and your dog most excited about? Woof at us in the comments, and be sure to tag #SidewalkDog in all your adventures so we can ruv ‘em.
(Photo by Jack Geoghegan)
Sidewalk Dog’s mission is to help dog parents spend more time with their puppers by discovering and sharing activities they can do and places they can go—together! Sniff out our award-winning newsletter and Instagram, and join us on Facebook and Twitter.
More reads you’ll ruv: