Minnetonka will let your dog sparkle. Photo: Emily Taplin/@murrow_the_frenchie
The Land of 10,000 lakes loves its furry friends and Sidewalk Dog is here to help you find the spots that’ll get your pup’s tail waggin’. St. Louis Park and Eagan are just a few of the Twin Cities suburbs we’ve traveled to, and we’re always on the lookout for more adventures.
So without further a-doo, it’s time to take you to dog-friendly Minnetonka:
- In need of a brew and something tasty to chew? Unmapped Brewing Co. (pictured here) is one of our favorite spots to bring our favorite four-legged friends. Not only is the atmosphere pawesome but we promise you’ll discover some mouth-watering grub if you keep an eye on their food truck schedule. Bring your entire family, play some games, and hang. Don’t forget your Indoor Brewery Pass for a FREE beer! (Editor’s note: Passes are on sale for just $20 while supplies last. Hurry!) We suggest a sampler first to help you decide which of their suds suits your buds best.
- Does your doggo have the winter wiggles? ADOGO Pet Hotel might be just what the vet ordered! Whether it’s a day stay or overnight, they’ve got you covered. And if your dog is getting a little dirty, there’s a spa available for all their grooming needs.
- Craving a little green? Whether you need something to brighten up your home in the dead of winter or freshen up your patio flower pots come spring, Tonkadale Greenhouse has you covered. Dogs are welcome inside and out. You may even run into the sweet greenhouse kitty, Boots.
- With 155 acres, Purgatory Park in the southwest corner of Minnetonka has plenty of open space and beautiful trails for you and your pupper to get out on a (leashed) walk. The best part is it’s accessible during the winter months too, and according to the city’s website they keep it plowed.
- And of course keeping your dog on the right food is part of keeping them happy and healthy. Pet Stuff on Excelsior is equipped with food for your dog plus felines and even feathered friends. (We’ve been told to ask for Tom, he knows it all.) There’s a furbulous Chuck & Don’s location in Minnetonka, too!
- If you’re looking for a fresh, organic and sustainable restaurant to fill your belly, the patio at Peoples Organic in Minnetonka welcomes pups. And if you’re craving a juicy burger that your dog will be jealous of, Gold Nugget Tavern & Grille will gladly allow you to let Fido hang by your side outside.
- Running errands around town and have your pup along? Frattallone’s Ace Hardware off Hwy 101 and Glen Lake Wine and Spirits on Excelsior will both let you bring them in!
Anything we missed? Speak!