Photo: KME Photography
By now many Twin Citizens know that dog-friendly patios abound in the metro. But when the weather takes a turn for the worse (and let’s face it: Minnesota has a year-round way of keeping us on our toes), we still want to keep those puppers socialized and stimulated.
What’s a human-hound duo to do when a patio date just isn’t going to happen? Here’s a tour through some of the indoor spots that welcome Spot:
- Breweries. The only thing that could make MN’s craft-brewery scene more exciting is being able to enjoy those happening taprooms with your pup. A number of local breweries welcome your dog indoors in addition to on the patio. Check out our Indoor Brewery Pass, which gets you a FREE drink at 10 of ’em plus pawesome bonus perks — but hurry, it’s almost sold out!
- Coffee shops. If you’re in need of a little boost on the way to the off-leash park or doggy daycare dropoff, let your pup join you inside one of several coffee shops. Our readers rave about In The Loop Coffee Company, where they’re ready to welcome you with water bowls and organic doggy treats at the counter. Super duper important: Dogs coffee shops are a bit of a gray area, legally speaking. Take extra care to make sure your pup is leashed, friendly, cleaned-up-after, and on the floor at all times. The coffee-shop laws might be loosening up soon in Minneapolis — sign up to be notified if and when it happens.
- Distilleries. Minnesota is now home to more than 15 craft distilleries, many of which welcome your pup inside.
- The mall! Dreams do come true.
- Boutiques and more. Whether you’re perusing hostess gifts, picking out a little T-R-E-A-T for yourself, or just running errands, nearly 200 shops will let you have your dog in tow.
- And of course, the majority of pet food stores are ready to welcome Fido, too.
Check out our full list of indoor options right this way.
And if your pooch prefers indoor options that’ll give him those off-leash feels, we’ve got those too!
Notice a place we missed? Woof at us in the comments!