Photo: KME Photography
By now many Twin Citizens know that dog-friendly patios abound in the metro. But when the weather takes a turn for the worse (and let’s face it: Minnesota has a year-round way of keeping us on our toes), we still want to keep those puppers socialized and stimulated.
What’s a human-hound duo to do when a patio date just isn’t going to happen? Here’s a tour through some of the indoor spots that welcome Spot:
- Breweries. The only thing that could make MN’s craft-brewery scene more exciting is being able to enjoy those happening taprooms with your pup. A number of local breweries welcome your dog indoors in addition to on the patio. Sniff out our Indoor Brewery Pass, which gets you a FREE drink at 17 of ’em!
- Coffee shops. If you’re in need of a little boost on the way to the dog park or doggy daycare dropoff, let your pup join you inside one of these coffee shops. Our readers rave about In The Loop Coffee Company, where they’re ready to welcome you with water bowls and organic doggy treats at the counter. Super duper important: Dog-friendly coffee shops are a bit of a gray area, legally speaking. Take extra care to make sure your pup is leashed, friendly, cleaned-up-after, and on the floor at all times. The coffee-shop laws might be loosening up soon in Minneapolis — sign up to be notified if and when it happens.
- Distilleries. Minnesota is now home to more than 15 craft distilleries, many of which welcome your pup inside.
- The mall! Dreams do come true. Both Rosedale Center and Calhoun Square welcome pups indoors for walking hours.
- Boutiques and more. Whether you’re perusing hostess gifts, picking out a little T-R-E-A-T for yourself, or just running errands, nearly 200 shops will let you have your dog in tow.
- And of course, the majority of pet food stores are ready to welcome Fido, too.
And if your pooch prefers indoor options that’ll give him those off-leash feels, we’ve got those too!
Notice a place we missed? Woof at us in the comments!
Next up: Share all of your pup’s adventures with #SidewalkDog for the chance to be featured. Then head to our Dog-Friendly Twin Cities online community for super local, pooch-centric chat with the some of the best people we know – dog people.
And since you clearly love being out and about with your doggo, you NEED our Dog-Friendly Passes! These puppies score ya FREE beer or wine on local patios and inside taprooms. Get your paws on ‘em today. (They make grrr-eat gifts, too!)