Shades on, tails up: after our housebound spring, you and your woofer deserve all the warm-weather adventures you can handle. Here are some safe pro-pooch outings to make your Chicago summer mother-fluffin’ rad.
- Try biking with your dog. Here are 5 ways to do it.
- Chillax on a dog-friendly patio, but only if you’ll play by the rules in our Good Dog’s Guide to Patio Etiquette During COVID-19.
- Visit a dog-friendly brewery.
- Go mutts sniffin’ butts at the dog parks and explore all they have to offer. Here are some of our fave parks and 12 tips for a grrreat time.
- Run or walk a socially distanced K9 5k, 10k, or half marathon.
- Got an energy saving model? Hit the mall instead and enjoy the blissful AC.
- Venture out on a hike on a dog-friendly trail. And here are 11 tips fur a safe ‘n happy ex-paw-rience.
- Try Stand-up Paddle Boarding (SUP), kayaking, or hit the beach with your pup.
- Sniff out the freshest produce at a dog-friendly farmers market.
- Treat your baby to a spaw day.
- Take a road trip! Here’s how.
Got any more ideas to add to our dog-friendly Chicago bucket list for a pandemic summer? What are you and your dog most excited about? Woof at us in the comments, and be sure to tag #SidewalkDog in all your adventures so we can ruv ‘em.
(Photo by Adam Griffith)
Sidewalk Dog’s mission is to help dog parents spend more time with their puppers by discovering and sharing activities they can do and places they can go—together! Sniff out our award-winning newsletter and Instagram, and join our dog-obsessed Facebook group.
More reads you’ll ruv: