Photo: @titanandorion via Instagram
Cooler weather, seasonal festivities, and colorful leaves — what’s not to love about fall? Minnesota has oh-so-much to offer you and your four-legged friend this season.
Leash up your pup and cross these items off your autumn to-doo list:
- Visit an apple orchard together. Feel the leaves crunch beneath your feet (and paws!) as you pick out apples, go on a hayride, and more. (Many on our list have pumpkin patches, too.)
- With our curated combos of hikes and dog-friendly breweries, you can take in the crisp autumn air and colorful leaves on a Minnesota trail, and wind down afterwards with a cold brew.
- Want to bring your furry friend along for a weekend getaway? Enjoy a tented night or two amidst MN’s abundant parks, trails and 10,000 lakes at these dog-friendly campsites.
- Stroll to a pup-loving coffee shop patio and warm up with a latte (some are even dog-friendly indoors!)
- Enjoy the nice weather before the winter chill arrives. Unwind and unleash with your pooch at the dog park. (First timer? Read up on etiquette.) Many local dog parks have night lights, so your fun doesn’t have to end when the shorter days arrive.
- Get ready for laughs and Instagram-worthy photos this Halloween. Start planning your doggo’s best costume ever. (Go for DIY – our ideas are here to inspire you. Kinda.)
- Then show it off at one of our events, like the Howl-o-Ween party on Sun. 10/29 at Lakes & Legends Brewery (dogs welcome indoors). Our events calendar is bursting with fall activities, including costume contests and other festive fun.
- Woofing of events, head to Dogtoberfest at 3 Squares Restaurant THIS Thursday (10/12) from 5-9pm in Maple Grove. Get ready for freebies from Bad Tags and Finley’s Barkery, professional pics from KME Photography, and Sidewalk Dog’s signature belly rubs for your four-legged BFFs at this FREE event, benefiting A Rotta Love Plus and made possible by Tito’s Handmade Vodka.
- Sign up to be notified when our Indoor Pass presale starts! Did someone woof freebies and discounts at the best dog-friendly, indoor hangouts? Pup yeah! With this pass in paw, you don’t have to fear the impending stir-craziness of winter.
- As always, tag your adventures with #SidewalkDog. We love seeing you enjoy the dog-friendly life!
Photo: @winston.and.lola via Instagram