Picking a daycare and boarding facility can be stressful: Will your dog be safe? Loved? And have fun, too? We’re here to help with a series highlighting the pup-loving-est daycares and boarding facilities in the Twin Cities and beyond.
Dog Days has three locations in St. Paul – one near Highways 94 and 280, one on Grand Ave., and another right on University Ave., making it a convenient place to drop your pup for a day of play or an extended stay.
Give the Doggos What They (and You) Want
This established St. Paul business prides itself on making safety top dog for new and returning canine clients. “Safety is our number-one concern!” explains owner Wendy Harter. “We provide new employees with extensive training to ensure proactive supervision of the dogs during playtime using only positive reinforcement techniques. We have a 20-year history in this business of taking top-notch care of families’ pets.”
Also on the agendog: Fun and cuddles, personalized to your pup’s size and temperament. Their practices include separate playrooms for dogs of different pawsonalities, from shy wallflower, to social butterfly, to expert ball-chaser; and uncompromising dog-to-staff ratios for plenty of one-on-one playtime, cuddle time, and belly rubs galore.
The Hooman Perspective
The reviews are in: Industry expert Betheny A. said, “After working in the pet care industry for 8+ years, this is the only place I trust my pooches to. I’ve never met a more caring, compassionate, on-the-ball crew in my life. The grooming is incredible, too.”
Another client, Kevin F., writes, “We took our beloved Walter the Greyhound to Dog Days for six years. He was an anxious dog who felt happiest when he was there. He was a special dog who was accepted. He was a charming dog who was appreciated. They knew him. For example, when he was given a new medication they noticed WITHOUT BEING TOLD. They also understood us, posting pictures on Facebook when we were traveling so we could see how our boy was doing. When we get a new dog, he will be a Dog Days dog.”
The Quick Sniff
- Contact info: DogDaysInc.com, 651-642-9663
- Locations: 880 Vandalia St., St. Paul, MN 55114 (map), 1752 Grand Ave., St. Paul, MN 55105 (map), & 350 University Ave. E., St. Paul, MN 55130 (map)
- Lobby hours: 7 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Mondays through Fridays; 8 to 10:30 a.m. & 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays
- Starting rate (daycare): $31/day
- Starting rate (boarding): $44/night
- Advanced daycare reservations required: Yes
- Breed restrictions: No
- Spay/neuter required: Yes
- Boarding available for pets other than dogs: No
- Amenities: Air conditioning, dog beds in kennels, dogs can bring toys and/or comfort objects from home, foster dogs accepted, half-day pricing, indoor and outdoor play areas, online scheduling, music played in kennels, separate play areas for dogs of different sizes and temperaments
- Services: Behavioral consultations, grooming, one-on-one cuddle time, one-on-one play sessions
- Nonprofit ruv: Dog Days is a proud supporter of several local dog rescue groups.
Your dog’s tail will be doing helicopters when he gets to go back to Dog Days. Don’t forget to tell ’em Sidewalk Dog sent you!
(Top photo by Luisa Schetinger on Unsplash)