ABOUT SIDEWALK DOG MEDIA
Sidewalk Dog Media is the #1 resource for Twin Cities and Chicago dog lovers, the pipeline for businesses wishing to reach them, and a leading advocate for dogs in need. Each member of our pack plays a key role in supporting our rapid national expansion.
We’re a digital platform that promotes thriving relationships between dogs, their people, and the community we share. For consumers, we’re a local guide to everything dog-friendly: pup-loving breweries, coffee shops, restaurants, events, and more. For businesses, we help pet-loving brands reach a large and targeted audience in order to increase awareness, engagement, and sales.
- Drive Sidewalk Dog Media’s editorial vision and strategy: maintain, refresh, and improve processes, standards, and style.
- Oversee and implement content calendar.
- Manage a small team of new and existing freelance writers: assist in hiring new writers; assign, develop, edit, and publish stories; and maintain lasting relationships.
- Create, edit, and publish original and sponsored content for Sidewalk Dog Media’s website, newsletter, and social media channels.
- Create marketing copy aimed at consumers (e.g., postcards) and businesses (e.g., media kit).
- Create custom content on behalf of clients for their own platforms.
- Assist in developing content-related sales proposals, including creative brainstorming, writing, and/or editing.
- Work with the sales team to understand client expectations so that sponsored content projects are implemented with the aim of overperforming (e.g., with regard to quality, specifications, timeline, and budget).
- Nurture long-lasting professional relationships with clients by providing them with content services and results that exceed their expectations.
- Travel (infrequently) to existing and potential markets, trade shows, etc.
- Support the Sidewalk Dog Media pack with a willingness to try on any hat and pitch in at any level.
- Four-year writing/marketing/communications-related degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum five years content management and/or professional B2B and/or B2C writing experience.
- Minimum three years digital publishing or agency experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of WordPress, SEO, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Ability to capture Sidewalk Dog Media’s funny, fresh, sassy, and informative voice.
- Extraordinary written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to pay a remarkable level of attention to detail.
- Superior ability to manage time when working on multiple projects with fast-paced deadlines.
- Ridiculously efficient.
- Ability to remain calm and collected in high-stress situations.
- Positive, upbeat, and professional attitude; terrific interpersonal communication skills; and the ability to engage with all coworkers, clients, and businesses using the utmost respect, tact, and good humor.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively as part of a team.
- Mature and capable of using discretion and judgment when making complex decisions and managing interactions.
- Strong start-up mentality—excited by the prospect of aggressively growing a business in Twin Cities and Chicago and launching in new markets—and motivated by the unique challenges and opportunities of a start-up. Must possess the strong work ethic, flexibility, and tenacity to thrive in a dynamic, high-growth environment.
- Kind, dog-loving, and passionate about Sidewalk Dog’s purpose-driven mission.
- $45-$65K annual salary commensurate with experience
To apply, send your resume, cover letter, up to three writing samples, and start-date availability to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Content Manager Application for <First and Last Name>.” Cover letters should include specific examples of how your skills and experiences meet or exceed the skills and experiences required.
All materials must be received by Wednesday, August 15 at noon. Applicants will be asked to perform short writing test(s) prior to beginning the interview process. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis as application materials are received. Ideal start date mid- to late-August.