Photo: Kyle Smith
Yip, yip, hooray: Sidewalk Dog Media is hiring two interns! We’re seeking energetic folks to help with a variety of doo-ties from writing and editing to social media and more.
Gain valuable real-world experience across a range of tasks, all while supporting this pawesome community of dog lovers, pup-loving brands, and local nonprofits.
Did we mention you’ll get to run with one of the coolest packs in the biz?
What: Part-Time Content and Community Intern (10 hours per week)
Where: Edina, Minnesota
When: December 2018 through June 2019, with possibility for extension
Who you are:
A people-loving, problem-solving, team player with a love of dogs and exceptional writing skills and ability to prioritize. A strong communicator who also happens to be insanely organized. You’re resourceful, friendly AF, and cool as a cucumber under pressure.
Responsibilities may include:
- Social Media
- Promote new SWD articles on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
- Engage with social media posts on Instagram and Facebook
- Find Local Dogs of the Week on Instagram for Chicago and Twin Cities newsletters
- Find hilarious memes for newsletter
- Share follower posts on Instagram stories
- Prepare weekly giveaway posts
- Write and edit listings for the Sidewalk Dog directory
- Research and write about dog-friendly events
- Other website maintenance tasks as needed
- Alert individuals and companies to their features on SidewalkDog.com and provide them with links
- Vet daily media requests for quotes and forward to content manager as appropriate
- Attend team meetings and events as needed
- Other tasks as needed
- Assist in moderating our online communities for dog lovers
- Drive growth and engagement in these groups
- Strong writing and editing skills, including the ability to capture Sidewalk Dog’s fresh, sassy, and informative tone and style
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Residence in or near the Twin Cities
- Access to reliable transportation
- Current enrollment in a college or university
Compensation: We will work with you and your college or university to provide you with school credit.
Please spread the woof about this gig to anyone you know who’d adore working for a fast-paced, dog-loving media company.