Yip, yip, hooray: Sidewalk Dog Media is hiring a second content manager!
We’re looking for an upbeat, organized, detail-oriented team player to join our rapidly growing pack. Must demonstrate the utmost professionalism when interacting with clients and audience members, but also have loads of the sass that Sidewalk Dog is known for. If you can tackle a fast-paced to-do list while capturing our voice—fresh, friendly, fun, and irreverent —with ease and efficiency, we wanna hear from you!
ABOUT SIDEWALK DOG MEDIA
As a local, authentic resource for pet parents, we deliver emotionally engaging content that helps brands break through. We’re also a purpose-driven company that connects homeless dogs to loving forever homes.
Current markets: Minneapolis, Chicago, Denver, and Seattle, with three additional markets launching in 2019.
- Drive Sidewalk Dog Media’s editorial vision and strategy, including maintaining our signature voice.
- Maintain, refresh, and improve processes, standards, and style.
- Work with audience development manager and digital marketing agency to analyze, determine, and implement content strategy.
- Oversee and implement content calendar.
- Create, edit, and publish original and sponsored content for Sidewalk Dog Media’s website, newsletter, and social media.
- Manage local and remote freelance writers: assign, review, edit, and publish their content; develop and maintain lasting relationships; recruit and assist in hiring.
- Assist audience development manager in developing and executing growth-related content deliverables.
- Assist sales team in developing content deliverables for client proposals, including creative brainstorming, writing, and/or editing. Use active listening to understand client expectations for content deliverables.
- Nurture long-lasting relationships with clients by providing them with content services and results that exceed their expectations (e.g., with regard to quality, specifications, timeline, and budget).
- Create and edit custom content on behalf of clients for their own platforms.
- Hire and manage content intern(s).
- Travel (infrequently) to existing and potential markets, trade shows, etc.
- Four-year writing/marketing/communications-related degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum five years content management and/or professional B2B and/or B2C writing experience.
- Minimum three years digital publishing or agency experience.
- Experience setting editorial vision.
- Ability to easily capture Sidewalk Dog Media’s authentic, trusted voice: sassy, fresh, friendly, and fun.
- Demonstrated knowledge of WordPress, SEO, email marketing, and social media (particular focus on Instagram best practices).
- Extraordinary written and verbal communication skills.
- Remarkable attention to detail.
- Superior ability to manage time when working on multiple projects with fast-paced deadlines.
- Highly efficient.
- Ability to remain calm and solution-centered in times of change and ambiguity.
- Positive, upbeat, and professional attitude; terrific interpersonal communication skills; and the ability to engage with all coworkers, clients, and businesses using the utmost respect, tact, and good humor.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively as part of a team; willingness to try on any hat and pitch in at any level.
- Mature and capable of using discretion and judgment when making complex decisions and managing interactions.
- Strong start-up mentality—excited by the prospect of aggressively growing a business and launching in new markets—and motivated by the unique challenges and opportunities of a start-up. Must possess the strong work ethic, flexibility, and tenacity to thrive in a dynamic, high-growth environment.
- Kind, dog-loving, and passionate about Sidewalk Dog’s purpose-driven mission.
- $50-$60K annual salary commensurate with experience
To apply, send your resume, cover letter, up to three writing samples, and start-date availability to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Content Manager Application for <First and Last Name>.” Cover letters should include specific examples of how your skills and experiences meet or exceed the skills and experiences required.
All materials must be received by Friday, April 5 at noon. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis as application materials are received, so please apply as soon as you can. In order to assess your ability to capture our sassy, irreverent voice, applicants will be asked to perform short writing test(s) prior to beginning the interview process. Ideal start date is late April to early May.
(Photo: Kyle Smith)
More reads you’ll ruv: