Photo: Sam Manns
It was a BIG week here at Sidewalk Dog: We launched our brand puppin’ new online community!
Not gonna lie — we were nervous. When you have a small pack, it’s hard to find time to keep up with our current content bonanza, let alone add something new. But you guys embraced it with the Laborador-esque enthusaism we’ve come to expect from our hip-AF audience, and in the blink of an eye we watched it grow to 1,000 members (and counting). So far we’ve heard that our people love this platform’s cool features that can’t be found on Facebook, not to mention the ability to live in an online world totally devoted to (wo)man’s best friend.
THANK YOU for your support, feedback, and willingness to continue to help us build the best doggone community out there! ♥
(If you prefer to stick with Facebook groups, don’t fret! The party’s still happenin’ there, too.)
The first week’s discussions ranged from deep to downright hilarious. Read on for the can’t-miss highlights, and subscribe to our award-winning newsletter to get a weekly roundup sent to your inbox.
In our new online community:
- Our CEO Deemed this the “Most Depressing Poll Ever” But We’re Not Sorry
- We Wanna Feature Your Pup!
- Sidewalk Dog is Hiring Interns
- The Best Family Christmas Photo Maybe of All Time (?)
- Super Duper Important Way to Save Dogs’ Lives
- Resources for Grieving Pet Parents
- Best Dog-Safe Ice Melts
- Tips for Dry Noses
- Fave Outdoor Adventures for Pups
- Why You Should Let Your Dog Sniff All the Things
- Does Your Pooch Prefer Summer or Winter?
(actual footage of the Sidewalk Dog headquarters when new people join our groups)
In our Minneapolis/St Paul Facebook group:
- Your Pup Isn’t a Genius (Blasphemy!)
- Dog-Friendly Coffee Shops
- Would You Rent Your Backyard to a Dog?
- Recommendations for Fun Training Classes
- Small-Dog Playgroups
In our Chicago Facebook group:
We can’t wait to hear your two cents on all this, Sidewalk Doggers!