We have a mantra for life: sun’s out, pup’s out. From live music to a 5K and an adoption event, we sniffed out some recs for you and puppo. When all your hard bork is done for the week, grab your woof, a leash, and some treatos, and check out these fun things to do this weekend in Denver.
P.S. Wanna get these events in your inbox weekly? Pupscribe to our newsletter here!
P.P.S. Keep doggo close with our exclusive Patio Leash™—it’s the pawfect length for when you’re out and about!
1. Outdoor Neighborhood Concert
Park Hill Treasures, Denver
Saturday, June 11, 4–6 p.m.
Rockstar rovers, listen up! Park Hill Treasures is hosting a free outdoor concert this Saturday off Colfax. The band is TBD, but they’ll be playing classic rock, so this is your official notice to get your lighters and devil horns ready! Puppers, be sure to BYOW (water) and BYOLC (lawn chairs).
2. Sidecar Saturday Live Music
Bruz (Off Fax) and Bruz Beers, Denver
Saturday, June 11, 6–8 p.m.
This Saturday, both Bruz Beers locations are hosting FREE live music as part of their Sidecar Saturday series. Bruz (Off Fax) will be hosting the local acoustic rock duo Hawk and Longbottom while Bruz Beers in Midtown will be hosting folk singer-songwriter Jesh Yancey, so you and pup’ll have your pick of genres! Bonus points: it’s just a buck for a 4 oz pour with purchase of a full draft.
3. Call to Arms Brewing Company 5K
Call to Arms Brewing Company, Denver
Saturday, June 11, 10 a.m.; registration required
Get your morning run in while having a legit excuse for sippin’ a morning beer? Count us in, pawlease! This Saturday, Call to Arms Brewing Company is hosting a 5K at their pub in the Berkeley neighborhood. Registration starts at $35 and includes a free craft brew at the finish line, your choice of swag or collector’s pint glass from the Brewery Running Series, and entry for door prizes. All proceeds will go directly to a local nonprofit.
Life’s Better With a Pup
No wet nose to boop? What a heckin’ tragedy. We want to help you fix that, so check out where you can adopt below! And who knows, you might just meet your new slobbery soulpup.
Circle 2 Rescue
- From 10:30 a.m.–1:30 p.m. this Saturday, June 11, Bruz Beers in Midtown is hosting a dog adoption event for the good folks at Circle 2 Rescue. Circle 2 Rescue is a non-profit, no-kill rescue organization dedicated to rescuing homeless, abused, and abandoned animals. So grab a beer, grab your doggo, and meet fluffy friends who are looking for furever homes.
Rocky Mountain Puppy Rescue
- Every Saturday, Rocky Mountain Puppy Rescue hosts an adoption event at the Petco in Arvada from 12–3 p.m. RMPR has been running since 2010 with the mission to rescue, foster, vet, and rehome unwanted shelter animals. Head over to help them on their mission and find yourself a new furry bestie in the process!
Featured photo: Jiawei Chen
Check out more events on our calendar here and submit your own events for free here. And—as always—don’t furget to tag us @SidewalkDog in all your weekend adventures!
Sidewalk Dog’s mission is to help dog parents spend more time with their puppers by discovering and sharing activities they can do and places they can go—together! Sniff out our award-winning newsletter and Instagram, then join our Dog-Friendly Denver Facebook Group.
Is the Denver version of the Sidwalk Dog Passport around for 2022?
No, un-fur-tunately we didn’t sell a Denver Pass this year.