Photo: Emily Taplin and @murrow_the_frenchie
Dog moms are a rare breed. They can often be spotted with dog hair on their sweaters and the occasional muddy paw prints on their pants. They also have the fullest hearts and the most steps, thanks to all those walkies. Like the four-legged friends whose poop they scoop, they deserve to be pampered on the regular — and what better day to give them some extra licks and love than Mother’s Day? If you’re like us and sometimes pawcrastinate, here are some of the best gifts for dog moms in Minnesota.
1. Dog-Friendly Passes. For those mamas who enjoy a cold one with their cute one, our Dog-Friendly Brewery Pass is a must. Twenty-five of our favorite Minnesota breweries are included, and more than half of them are dog friendly inside as well as out! Even if you don’t have a doggo it’s still a pass any beer-drinking mom would enjoy: 25 free beers!
If the mama you have in mind is more of a foodie, the Dog-Friendly Restaurant Pass is meant for you! Twenty-seven of our favorite local restaurants are on the pass. You can get one free wine or beer at each spot!
2. Gorgeous candles. We love to support local vendors. Kathy, the owner of NelliDesigns, has an entire line of dog and Minnesota-inspired candles. They burn for ages and the scents are delightful, yet subtle. You can even design one in memory of a furry friend who’s crossed over the Rainbow Bridge.
3. Stylish scarves. Ari & M is a fun find we discovered on Instagram. Their poochettes are a fabulous way to make the necessities, like poop bags, look oh-so-stylish. They’ve also got a twinning section with matching bandanas for your pup and head scarves for mom. Remember friends, twinning is winning!
4. Twinning tees. To keep the twinning theme going, we heart Barkley & Wagz. They have adorable T-shirt sets for dogs and humans. One of our faves says “Dog hair don’t care,” cause, we’ve all been there!
5. Festive footwear. What dog momma wouldn’t want a pair of cozy socks with their favorite pals face all over them? PupSocks makes it easy for you to order, plus, right now they have an entire line dedicated to moms!
And if you’re shopping for mamas who don’t have a four-legged child, we have a list of spots to shop for a gift with Fido by your side. Tonkadale Greenhouse is a dog-friendly place to search for a sweet succulent or a pot of peonies.
If you’re in need of clothing, jewelry, coffee mugs, or some other unique trinkets, then Bibelot is your stop. There are four locations in the Twin Cities and dogs are welcome!
Perhaps the mom you’re thinking of could use some pampering! Bryce Jermain Salon on Hennepin in Minneapolis welcomes pups, plus they do gift cards!
What do you have planned for the special dog moms in your life? Tell us in the comments!