This is a unique position that blends post-sale account management with pre-sale research and prep. The person in this position is NOT responsible for doing the sales pitch, asking for, or closing the sale. This hybrid of duties will enable Sidewalk Dog Media’s CEO to devote less time to sales and more time to our rapid national expansion.
ABOUT SIDEWALK DOG MEDIA
Sidewalk Dog Media is the #1 resource for Twin Cities and Chicago dog lovers, the pipeline for businesses wishing to reach them, and a leading advocate for dogs in need. Each member of our pack plays a key role in supporting our rapid national expansion.
We’re a digital platform that promotes thriving relationships between dogs, their people, and the community we share. For consumers, we’re a local guide to everything dog-friendly: pup-loving breweries, coffee shops, restaurants, events, and more. For businesses, we help pet-loving brands reach a large and targeted audience in order to increase awareness, engagement, and sales.
- Research and identify potential clients in key verticals (e.g., pet food, pet insurance, automotive).
- Present research findings to, and strategize with, Sidewalk Dog Media’s CEO in order to prioritize target clients.
- Research and identify contacts for key decision makers at target clients’ companies.
- Introduce prospective clients to Sidewalk Dog Media’s offerings using a range of communication avenues (e.g., phone, email, LinkedIn) and strategies.
- Set up and participate in initial calls between potential clients and Sidewalk Dog Media’s CEO.
- Prior to calls, meet with CEO to fill her in on all client-related research.
- During client meetings, take detailed notes to distribute to CEO and content team.
- Collaborate with CEO and content team to create written sales proposals.
- Assist in presenting sales proposals to potential clients.
- Ensure new clients enjoy a smooth transition from sale to implementation.
- Work with content team to convey expectations so that projects are implemented with the aim of overperforming (e.g., quality, specifications, timeline, and budget).
- Provide clients with advice on best practices and campaign optimization.
- Stay aware of and anticipate clients’ current and developing needs, challenges, and goals.
- Provide educational and timely answers to client questions. Maintain a friendly, positive, transparent dialog at all times.
- Demonstrate to the client that you are passionate about their brand and have a mutual interest in their success.
- Generate and provide clients with accurate reporting that conveys campaign wins in order to retain clients and grow existing clients’ investments.
- Provide above-and-beyond customer service to create lasting professional relationships with clients.
- Build and nurture relationships with clients by helping them achieve performance that exceeds expectations.
- Respond to advertising inquiries and proactively identify new opportunities.
- Rapidly learn, understand, and articulate client preferences regarding demographic requirements, engagement, and conversions; and how Sidewalk Dog Media can exceed these expectations above the competition.
- Facilitate active communication between potential clients and Sidewalk Dog Media management.
- Assist in the preparation of and presentation of clear, effective written sales proposals.
- Maintain CRM database with accurate notes about activity and results; conduct ongoing CRM cleanup and maintenance.
- Travel (infrequently) to existing and potential markets, trade shows, etc.
- Represent Sidewalk Dog Media at company, company-sponsored, and community events.
- Support the Sidewalk Dog Media pack with a willingness to wear many hats and pitch in at any level.
- Associate’s/Bachelor’s business/marketing/advertising-related degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated account management and/or sales success (digital publishing or agency experience preferred).
- Ability to gain access to high-level executives through various techniques (e.g., cold calling, warm calling, social media, events).
- Ability to engage clients quickly, develop rapport, and maintain relationships.
- Pre-existing relationships with advertisers, agencies, ad networks, and publishers (national account experience a plus).
- High energy, stress tolerant, and enthusiastic.
- Avid curiosity and active listening skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively as part of a team.
- Positive and professional attitude; terrific communication skills; and the ability to engage with all coworkers, clients, and businesses using the utmost respect, tact, and good humor.
- Superior ability to manage time when working on multiple projects with fast-paced deadlines.
- Strong start-up mentality—excited by the prospect of aggressively growing a business in Twin Cities and Chicago and launching in new markets—and motivated by the unique challenges and opportunities of a start-up. Must possess the strong work ethic, flexibility, and tenacity to thrive in a dynamic, high-growth environment.
- Kind, dog-loving, and passionate about Sidewalk Dog’s purpose-driven mission.
- $45-$65K salary commensurate with experience
Send your resume, cover letter, and start-date availability to email@example.com by Wednesday, August 15 at noon with the subject line “Account Manager Application for <First and Last Name>.” Cover letters should include specific examples of how your skills and experiences meet or exceed the skills and experiences required. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis as qualified applications are received. Ideal start date anticipated mid- to late-August.