Minnesota is packed with dog-friendly spots, and we’ve been spreading the woof about one pup-loving area at a time. We started with the historic ‘burb of Excelsior and Saint Paul’s scenic Mac-Groveland neighborhood; now it’s time to hit up Minneapolis – specifically, its Northeast nabe.
Here are 19 of our favorite pups-welcome spots in Northeast Minneapolis:
- ‘Tis our doo-ty to provide you with four-season fun, so let’s start with some spots you can visit this winter. Stanley’s Northeast Bar Room is famous for its Mutt Hutt, a heated outdoor tent where dogs can eat for FREE Sundays through Thursdays at supper time.
- And who says breweries are just for summer? Able Seedhouse & Brewery and Northgate Brewing (Sundays only) are dog friendly indoors. (For now this is technically a little…frowned upon, health-inspection-wise. But we won’t tell if you don’t.)
- Rather take your booze to go? Surdyk’s and River Liquor Store both allow your dogs inside to help you pick out a T-R-E-A-T for yourself.
- If you’re in the mood for shopping with Fido by your side, Northeast Minnie has boutiques galore. i like you and Bibelot are full of unique gifts, and Mother Earth Gardens is open year-round for your green-thumb needs. Shopping for something shiny? T Lee Jewelry is golden (be sure to say hello to their shop dog, Cookie!). The studio of NorthMade promises to “send you off with some cool shirts and a long Minnesota goodbye.” Finally, the experts at West Photo will have you well on your way to taking the best pawsible pics of your pack.
- When it’s time to head outside for a gorgeous MN summer, Indeed Brewing Company is one of several furrific NE breweries with dog-friendly patios.
- For eats and drinks, the patio game is strong in this area. Just a few of our dog-friendly faves include Eli’s Food & Cocktails, Ginger Hop, and Wilde Cafe and Spirits.
- If you’re looking to enjoy coffee and pastries on a patio, try Matchbox Coffee Shop, Sip Coffee Bar, or The Coffeeshop NE.
- St. Anthony Parkway Off-Leash Park is known for its versatility, with plenty of room to romp — with our without a crowd — and an easy parking situation.
And this is just the tip of the iceberg — we’ve got about a jillion* other dog-friendly businesses in the NE Minneapolis section of our directory.
Anything we missed? Speak!