The best part of any movie with a dog in it is, well, the dog in it. So in honor of Oscar Sunday, we got you a list of the best doggie actors of all time in –and here’s where it gets interesting– movies that are not actually about dogs. That’s right: No Air Bud! No Benji! No Beethoven! No Marley (GASP)!
But did we miss one of your favorites? Bark about it in the comments section!
1. Doug (Up)
2. Uggie (The Artist)
3. Baxter (Anchorman)
4. Petey (Little Rascals)
Photo: Universal Pictures
5. Hooch (Turner and Hooch)
6. Puffy (There’s Something About Mary)
7. All the Dogs from Best in Show
8. Einstein (Back to the Future)
9. Asta (The Thin Man)
10. The Beast/Hercules (The Sandlot)
11. Slink (Toy Stories 1, 2, and 3)
12. Brinkley (You’ve Got Mail)
13. Toto (The Wizard of Oz)
Next up: Sniff out our award-winning Instagram, and join us on Facebook, Twitter, and Mighty Networks, our NEW online community for dog lovers.