Licensed pets get a free ride home if found in Minneapolis.
Minneapolis pet license fees help support the mission of Minneapolis Animal Care & Control, a city-run organization that works with residents to create safe and healthy communities for people and animals. Among other things, MACC:
- Gives your pet a free ride home if she is licensed and found in Minneapolis
- Offers free kenneling for pets of people leaving violent relationships
- Hosts weekly spay and neuter programs with MN SNAP
- Works with area rescue groups to foster and rehome stray and abandoned pets
- Investigates and files charges in animal welfare and cruelty cases
- Provides public education about responsible pet ownership
WHY Buy a Minneapolis Pet LICENSE?
*Only Minneapolis residents are required by law to purchase Minneapolis pet licenses. Individuals receiving means-based public assistance or with incomes of $40k or less for a four-person family can buy discounted pet licenses at Minneapolis Animal Care & Control.