Didja hear we’re hiring? That’s right, we’re on the hunt for a Content Manager. Read on for the DL on the gig plus how to get in on the action.
Title: Content Manager
Company: From dog-friendly restaurant patios to dog parks to pups-allowed events, SidewalkDog.com is the #1 resource for Twin Cities dog lovers.
Summary: Join a fast-growing local digital media company (voted one of the five best local websites and best local blogs in City Pages’ 2013 Reader Poll) led by founder/CEO Ali Jarvis (named Innovation in Services Business Owner of the Year by the National Association of Women Business Owners’ Minnesota chapter in 2013). Content Manager will play a significant role in the growth and development of SidewalkDog.com.
Hours: 30 hours/week, with potential for growth
- Drive the editorial vision (processes, standards, style)
- Create/oversee content strategy and calendar
- Manage small team of freelance writers (assign stories, manage process, edit)
- Write, schedule, and post original content
- Write, schedule, and post sponsored content
- Edit and approve user-generated content (user-submitted events, reviews, directory listings)
- Write, schedule, and post social media content (currently Twitter and Facebook)
- Write, schedule, and send out weekly e-Newsletter
- Write descriptions for paid directory listings
- Attend weekly team meeting and other meetings as needed
- Other writing projects as needed (website copy, etc.)
- Strong editorial, marketing, and SEO writing skills
- Ability to capture SidewalkDog.com’s fresh, sassy, and informative tone and style
- 4-year degree
- 5+ years publishing or media experience
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Familiar with/able to learn WordPress, Constant Contact, Adobe Contribute, and photo editing software
- Self-motivated and able to work virtually with limited supervision
- Integrity, positive energy
- Love for and knowledge of dogs important
- Basic knowledge of HTML helpful
Compensation: This is a contract position. Compensation is commensurate with skills.
Interested candidates should send a resume and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, January 28. All applicants will be required to complete a writing assignment. Select applicants will move onto a phone interview, with top candidates then being interviewed in person.